Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Body shop insta blur



The Body shop All in one Instablur

Iv been a naughty blogger i know, moving house is a little time consuming. But i am still trying out soo many new things so i hope i can fill you in with a few more blogs.
I have been trying a lot of make up in preparation for my wedding next year, I am due to be married in august, so in the UK that can either be sweltering hot or pouring with rain. I want to try and find a base for my make up to make it hold in place no matter what the weather brings.

Browsing the Body shop website i came across the All in one instablur face perfector.
'This all-new face perfector blurs imperfections, giving you flawless photo-perfect skin in an instant! With Community Fair Trade marula oil. Shine Controlling  for 12h, Reduces appearance of pores, Blemish Hiding, Complexion Unifying, Make-up Extending'.

The instablur comes in a 25ml tube for £14 which i think is a reasonable price for the quality of product. I have used quite a lot of primers in the past all of which have been cream based, when i decanted the instablur i was shocked to find a clear jellied product. I was a little wary due to its look in case it was greasy so only applied a little. I was pleasantly surprised to find that as soon as i applied the gel my skin was mattified. As with all middle to high range products a little goes a long way. I use just under a pea sized amount for my entire face. My skin is normal to oily so I'm not too sure on how this product would spread on a drier skin type but i suspect it would glide quite easily.

 

 Now for the five  points....
shine controlling -Instantly after applying i found my skin was mattified, even after sweating during the day my skin continued to stay matt. 
Reduces appearance of pores - I don't have overly large pores on my face but did find that the ones that are visible on my nose were a little less noticeable. It was a little like instagram affect, in that you could see them but it was like some one blurred them with a clever camera trick.
Blemish hiding - Now this is a tricky one, if i am using insta blur i am generally adding make up over the top. It didn't hide major blemishes, that was more my make up. But the little blocked pores and bumps that i can sometimes get on my lower chin were a little like my pores around my nose...still visible but blurred.
Complexion unifying - This one is a definite yes, as soon as i applied it to my face it was like i had a blank canvas to start from (apart from my dreaded dark circles and larger blemishes).
And last but not least make up extending - This was the point i wanted most and it certainly lived up to it. Even after sweating my make up was in place, it didn't however stop transfer if i touched my face or had been leaning on my hands. It held my bronzer perfectly but with my blusher being a second layer over the top of my bronzer it didn't quite hold as much.

All in all this i defiantly a good investment for any one looking for a skin pefector that doesn't like the coloured element of a BB or CC cream . With a low price tag but higher grade ingredients this product has the longevity to last but not to break the bank.

STAR RATING OUT OF FIVE
 * * * * *
for more information on this and other Body shop products pop in store or visit their site

Don't forget you can follow Kays beauty blog on facebook
Twitter
And instagram

 

No comments:

Post a Comment